One of the most important safety devices in homes today is a smoke detector. Unfortunately, they are also one of the most ignored safety devices in the home. Properly working smoke detectors save lives by providing homeowners an early warning signal.
In an effort to reduce injuries and save lives, modern building codes have changed. The new codes require additional smoke detectors to be installed throughout the home.
Once they have been installed, remember they must be properly maintained. The professional electricians at Nichols & Phipps can install or maintain smoke detectors in your home, giving you peace of mind. Call Nichols & Phipps today and ask about replacement batteries that can last 7-10 years!
Smoke Detector Tips:
- Have smoke detectors installed in required areas.
- Test smoke detectors monthly
- Replace batteries at least once a year, or use lifelong batteries.
- Clean smoke detectors annually.
- Replace them every 7-10 years depending on manufacturer