Handicap Plumbing: The Basics
Handicap plumbing conversion can make for easy access and movement in the bathroom for individuals with a handicap or mobility issue. In addition, these conversions should help everyone in the home stay safe and avoid bathroom injury.
Upgrades for Comfort, Ease, and Dignity
When choosing handicap upgrades it is all about making day-to-day life more comfortable, easier and to preserve dignity. When done correctly, the bathroom should be functional and comfortable for individuals young and old, with and without handicap. We focus on making your bathroom a safe haven for you, your family and guests. A few of the upgrades we suggest include:
- Functional space for all residents
- Smooth floors for wheelchairs
- Wide doorways and room to maneuver
- Adjusted toilet seat height and hand rails / grab bars
- Easy to reach flush valves
- Lower counters with room for a wheelchair
- Easy to reach faucets that turn with less than 5 pounds of pressure
- Slip-proof floors
Major Bathroom Conversions
In addition to the “day-to-day” upgrades mentioned above, we also offer major conversions that can be beneficial for those with long-term care needs, or for a home that must be designed with senior safety in mind. We can assist with installing walk-in bathtubs, walk-in showers or wheel-in showers that will work for those with mobility concerns.