Water Heater Repair & Replacement
“You had one job to do, water heater… just ONE!”
When your water heater refuses to do its main job, give us a call, we will come by and give it a good talking to and do our best to get it back to heating up your aqua and you back to enjoying hot showers.
Water heaters can last anywhere from 8 years to 20 years. It all depends on the quality of the unit, the use, and abuse (irregular or no maintenance). If your water heater is not producing enough, or in the worst case, no hot water at all, call us. We have spent years understanding their ways and know how to get them back to being happy, healthy and making hot water for the family.
If your water heater refuses to do its job and seriously acts out by leaking all over the place or bursting, sending water gushing everywhere… it’s time to install a replacement water heater. We can offer you options from a simple replacement or an upgrade to a tankless water heater. We will help you with the pros and cons of the options factoring in your home’s layout, your needs and your budget.
Whether it is a repair or a replacement we will get hot water flowing again quickly and efficiently so you can get back to enjoying the luxury of instant hot water as soon as possible!
Signs of trouble:
- There is no hot water - or not enough hot water. Has the quantity of hot water changed? Is it no longer really hot, more lukewarm?
- Hot water recovery takes too long - As water heaters age, they don’t recover as quickly as they use to when the tank gets drained. This is a sign that things may be wearing out and it is time to replace OR the system just needs a tune up. We’d be happy to come check it out.
- Your water heater is over 10 years old - There is a point with every appliance that it is better to replace than to repair. There is a diminishing return for the repair investment, we take this situation seriously. We weigh a lot of factors in providing our repair / replace advice. If it is fixable, we will do that but if the cost of the repair outweighs the benefit, we will advise replacement. Our goal is not sales, it is to earn your trust and keep you as a customer for as long as you live in our service area.
- Water is leaking from the system - turn off the water supply to the heater and call a professional (we know a really good one!) to inspect the situation. Water damage can cost you thousands of dollars in unnecessary home repairs. Don’t let it go unchecked for any longer than you need to.
- The water heater won’t drain - draining or flushing your water heater helps extend its life by removing any built up sediment in the tank. This should be done once a year, if it is not, the sediment can clog the drain valve and damage the tank. Call us for a water heater tune-up and we can take care of this maintenance task for you.
- Rusty water / unusual sounds - If the tank looks fine on the outside but there is rusty water coming out, one of the components have started to rust, the tank, or the anode rod. This can also be caused by a buildup of sediment. A knocking, banging or creaking sound usually accompanies build up.
Water heaters can be moody and temperamental when not properly maintained. We have spent years understanding their ways and know how to get them back to being happy, healthy and making hot water for the family.
Call Nichols & Phipps Today
If you are experiencing any of these signs of a troubled water heater, reach out to us at Nichols & Phipps. We will thoroughly check out your water heater from top to bottom. If your system needs repairs we will investigate your problem thoroughly and will suggest the best option for your situation--never up selling you with something you don't need. If it is fixable, we will fix it. If it needs replacing, we will offer you options.
Servicing all major brands.
Is your water heater not producing any hot water? Call Nichols & Phipps, your Northern Virginia water heater specialists, now at (703) 670-8519 to have your water heater quickly and efficiently repaired or replaced so you can get back to enjoying how water again as soon as possible!
Why Nichols & Phipps for Plumbing?
- No Sneaky Upgrades or Dishonest Tactics
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Repiping Services
- Bathroom Remodels
- Financing Available with Approved Credit
- Accurate Proposals
new tank or tankless water heater installation
Offer only applies to service and/or repairs. Limit one offer per household. Coupon must be presented prior to starting the project.
Cannot be combined with other offers.